A couple days ago I updated my blog to WordPress 4.7.4, which was primarily a bug fix update. As always, I backed up my files and database first. I have automatic updates disabled so I can do this beforehand. No issues to report with this update. Everything seems to have gone well.
Well, I had to add Rogue One: A Star Wars Story to my Blu-ray collection. I have also updated my Home Theater page accordingly. It is an excellent movie which I highly recommend. Thankfully my Blu-ray player had no issues with it.
Also, as a follow-up to my earlier post, DVD/Blu-ray Pages Updated With HTML5 Player, I have completed adding trailers to all the movie pages where one was available to download or create. Many of them list a page created date of “Before March 19, 2003” because that’s the earliest time I could figure out based on file dates. That date was probably when I copied the images over to a new PC or hard drive and is why they were are all the same.
I just updated my blog to WordPress 4.7.3, which was primarily a security update. As always I backed up my files and database first. I have automatic updates disabled so I can do this beforehand.
There was one slight problem with the update. My Facebook and Google+ share buttons on my posts quit showing, but only if I used the official buttons in Jetpack’s Sharing settings. It turns out that the Custom Tweaks for Jetpack plugin I was using to display the buttons on top of the posts was causing it. After disabling it, the buttons reappeared. I made a support thread in both the Jetpack and Custom Tweaks for Jetpack support forums. I may look for something else or just leave it as is.
So, other than this plugin conflict, everything else seems fine.
Update March 14, 2017: After Jetpack was updated to Version 4.7.1, the official buttons show again even with the Custom Tweaks for Jetpack plugin enabled. So, they changed something.
Updated both of my galleries (mine, Mysstie’s) to Zenphoto v1.4.14. Normally I follow their upgrade instructions and backup the themes and zp-core directories as well as the database before copying over the new files; however, Windiff showed that /zp-core/version.php and /zp-core/githead were the only modified files from the previous v1.4.13 master that I installed a few days ago to correct a couple things with the Flash player not sizing properly when a .FLV was used. (I am replacing these with .MP4 versions as I go along.)
Anyway, all I did was backup the databases and copy those two files over. The only odd thing it did during the setup was modify the .htaccess file by adding an extra “/” after my
RewriteBase / line such that it had
RewriteBase // and it made the file read-only with permission 444 on the webhost. I changed it back to permission 644 and removed the extra “/” on that line. I made a support thread on the Zenphoto forum to see if this is intended behavior or not. Other than that, everything seems to have gone well.
I just updated my blog to WordPress 4.7.2, which was primarily a security update. As always I backed up my files and database first. I have automatic updates disabled so I can do this beforehand. The update seems to have gone fine.