Category Archives: Zenphoto

Galleries Updated to Zenphoto v1.4.14

Zenphoto Logo

Updated both of my galleries (mine, Mysstie’s) to Zenphoto v1.4.14. Normally I follow their upgrade instructions and backup the themes and zp-core directories as well as the database before copying over the new files; however, Windiff showed that /zp-core/version.php and /zp-core/githead were the only modified files from the previous v1.4.13 master that I installed a few days ago to correct a couple things with the Flash player not sizing properly when a .FLV was used. (I am replacing these with .MP4 versions as I go along.)

Anyway, all I did was backup the databases and copy those two files over. The only odd thing it did during the setup was modify the .htaccess file by adding an extra “/” after my

RewriteBase /

line such that it had

RewriteBase //

and it made the file read-only with permission 444 on the webhost. I changed it back to permission 644 and removed the extra “/” on that line. I made a support thread on the Zenphoto forum to see if this is intended behavior or not. Other than that, everything seems to have gone well. :)

Galleries Updated to Zenphoto v1.4.13

Zenphoto Logo

Updated both of my galleries (mine, Mysstie’s) to Zenphoto v1.4.13. Followed their upgrade instructions and backed up the themes and zp-core directories as well as the database before copying over the new files.  I then used Windiff and code comparisons in PSPad to integrate any new changes in the default Garland theme into my custom Garland theme. The gallery.php and themeoptions.php files were the only modified files in this version from the previous.  So far everything seems to work great! :)

Galleries Updated to Zenphoto v1.4.12

Updated both of my galleries (mine, Mysstie’s) to Zenphoto v1.4.12. Followed their upgrade instructions and backed up the themes and zp-core directories as well as the database before copying over the new files.  I then used Windiff and code comparisons in PSPad to integrate any new changes in the default Garland theme into my custom Garland theme. The news.php file was the only modified file in this version from the previous.  I then added my customizations back into the html_meta_tags.php file since I use a custom og:image image that matches the image shown on the page. So far everything seems to work great! :)

Website Changes for December 2015

Blog

Updated the blog to WordPress v4.4. Did the usual backing up of the database and file structure before applying the update. I then added my various code tweaks back in.  This update did include a newer version of the Twenty Twelve theme which my blog uses a child theme of. Since none of the files I am using in my child theme were updated in the parent theme, I didn’t need to modify anything. This version did introduce a new Twenty Sixteen default theme which I’ll check out locally.

Galleries

Updated both of my galleries (mine, Mysstie’s) to Zenphoto v1.4.11. Followed their upgrade instructions and backed up the themes and zp-core directories as well as the database before copying over the new files.  I then used Windiff and code comparisons in PSPad to integrate any new changes in the default Garland theme into my custom Garland theme. I then added my customization back into the html_meta_tags.php file since I use a custom og:image image that matches the image shown on the page.


Well, that’s all I can think of for now. If I change anything else, I’ll add it to this post. :)

Website Changes for September 2015

Main Website

The only noticeable thing I did to my main website since adding links to my Winamp Skins on the Winamp Info page, was adding a new Twitter widget to my Entertainment page in the TV Show section. It looks for all the tweets I’ve sent with the #TV hashtag. I figured that’s the best way to indicate what shows I am watching since GetGlue/TvTag shut down. Yeah, I know I’m the only one that gives a flying fruit cake about it. :)

Blog

Updated the blog to WordPress v4.3.1 which was a security and bug fix. Did the usual backing up of the database and file structure before applying the update. Then added my various code tweaks back in.

Galleries

Updated both of my galleries (mine, Mysstie’s) to Zenphoto v1.4.10. Followed their upgrade instructions and backed up the themes and zp-core directories as well as the database before copying over the new files.  I then used Windiff and code comparisons in PSPad to integrate any new changes in the default Garland theme into my custom Garland theme.

Pelicar Forum

Patched the Pelicar Forum to SMF 2.0.11. Like everything else, backed up the database and files first.

Mysstie’s Website

I added a EverQuest II Legends of Norrath Loot Card Links page. I just wanted a quick way to view the various loot card pages specific to EverQuest II. Actually, I guess I added that at the end of August. Oh well, LOL. :)


That’s all I can think of for now.