Website Changes for October 2013

Main Website

The page that has seen the most changes on my main website is the Speed Test Results page. Cox upgraded the speed for the various internet plans and I performed a variety of speed tests to check it out. 🙂 Mine went from 25 to 50 Mbps download and 5 to 10 Mbps upload. My Firefox Configuration page is always being updated with the latest versions of the browser and the various add-ons and plugins.  I also updated my Programming page to indicate why I keep the thing around (mainly for nostalgic reasons).

Blog

Update 10/30/2013: Just updated to WordPress v3.7.1 which is a maintenance release to fix a few bugs.

Just finished upgrading my blog to WordPress v3.7 which includes a number of security updates and other improvements. A couple plugins and themes were also updated at the same time. I did populate the changes made to the Twenty Twelve theme into my own Twenty Twelve child theme which my blog is currently using.

As always, I backed-up the database and files before clicking the Update button. I then reapplied some of the custom code tweaks that I do (there’s only 3 modifications that involve the core files). This post is also a test of the update to make sure everything is working.

Pelicar Forum

Simple Machines released version 2.0.6 of their forum software which I have upgraded the Pelicar Forum to. It addressed some security related issues and bug fixes. No issues appeared with the update and everything seems to be working fine.


That’s all the changes that come to mind and the moment. If I think of anything else, I’ll add it. 🙂