Website Changes for January 2015

Main Website

Other than the normal updating of the Firefox Configuration and Winamp Info, I updated the Hardware page after getting a new router for Christmas from my sister! I got an ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless-AC1900 Dualband Gigabit Router. Below is what it looks like from the front. It’s great! I can stream movies on my HDTV from Netflix again!

asus-rt-ac68u

I also modified my Speed Test Result page with a test from Speedof.me with the router in use. Since I have everything hardwired to the router, I have the wireless part turned off. That’s about it for my main website.

Blog

I have updated my blog to the latest WordPress version 4.1 (last month actually). I have also installed a couple new plugins. I replaced Twitter Facebook Social Share with Really Simple Share because I like the HTML5 version of the Facebook Like button and it seems to still be updated. I did have to tweak the CSS to get the buttons and surrounding border to align and appear how I wanted. For those curious, here’s the CSS I added to the bottom of the plugin’s style.css (I should probably move it my theme’s style.css instead.. yeah).:

.really_simple_share_twitter, .really_simple_share_google1 {
   padding-top: 4px;
}

.really_simple_share {
    border: thin solid #1944A8;    
    border-radius: 5px;
    padding-left: 5px;
    background-color: #F0F4F9;
}

I have also installed the Anti-spam plugin which seems to be working fairly well. It’s keeping them from Akismet and going into my spam folder that I then need to deal with. I also discovered a bug with some of my code that excludes categories which caused the Category filter in the admin post list to fail. I have updated my Excluding Categories from Different Parts of WordPress post with the changes I made.


Well I guess that’s all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else I’ll add it. 🙂